Are you tired of that huge, concrete slab in your backyard? Maybe it’s not quite the oasis you imagined for your home’s outdoor space. Well, don’t despair. With a little help from Garrity Stone, Inc., you can be well on your way to creating the perfect patio.
The good news is that if you already have a concrete slab or a simple stone-paver patio, you have a great foundation. Now all you need are some extras to take it to the next level. Here are just a few ways you could enhance your patio space:
- Create a border. Remove the sod surrounding one or two sides of the patio to create a flower bed. Add some landscaping, perhaps some perennials, and some mulch. Then, use flagstone to outline the flower beds for a unique architectural feature.
- Build a pergola. A pergola awning is a great way to add a little shade and to make the space feel more like an outdoor living area.
- Add an outdoor barbecue or fire pit. You can make a great space for entertaining with one or both of these options. (Remember that our limestone makes a great surface for grill tops.)
- Put in a water feature. You may be in central Indiana, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the sounds of trickling water in your own backyard. You can install a koi pond or a mini waterfall just off your patio.
- Amp up your lighting. In addition to those tiki torches, consider adding some outdoor lighting. You may put some solar lights in your flower beds, or if you put in a pergola, run electricity so you can hang a unique chandelier over the space.
You may decide to use one or all of these ideas, and either way, you’ll be well on your way to a new and improved patio.
For any stone products you might need, contact Garrity Stone at (317) 546-0893 to ask about our selection of limestone, stone pavers, flagstone, and other rock materials. You can also stop by our Indianapolis location to check out our inventory for yourself.photo credit: Precision via photopin (license)